Free Mac tutorials ★ workflow, productivity and accessibility
★ Ableton Live tip of the month ★ free plugins
Ease ★ Efficiency ★ Ergonomics ★ Knowledge
Three steps to mouselessness
MacAbleton's core tutorials on workflow, productivity, ease-of-use, ergonomics and accessibility. Summarised by the motto EEEK! Ease, Efficiency, Ergonomics, Knowledge. This section is aimed at beginners, the disabled, people who want to work more easily and efficiently, and the uber power-user looking to increase his/her skills. This is MacAbleton's speciality and you can book one-to-one tutorials in Manchester or via Skype Free using screensharing at very reasonable rates.
- Step 1. Shortcuts, commands and more Ableton Live shortcuts and navigation. Originally aimed at Live 8 but still mostly applicable in Live 9, this section is gradually and continually being updated.
- Step 2. Lose the mouse! Mouse-free computing on a Mac.
- Step 3. A higher state of mouselessness Automate routine tasks using iKey - essential to all Live users who want a much faster workflow with less effort.
Midi Mouse Keys Control the cursor using a MIDI keyboard.
see more in the Mac Stuff section below
Mac tips, tutorials and resources
Mac Stuff main page, index, includes useful links
- Review: OS X Mavericks: The Missing Manual
- Reading PDFs with Adobe Reader made quick and easy
- Partition your hard drive
- Mountain Lion taming
- Gain control of folder views (Snow Leopard)
- Custom keyboard layout
- Full Keyboard Access
- KeyCue review & tutorial
- Easy ways to navigate apps and windows in Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion and Mavericks
- Stay afloat!
- Organise your Mac
- Free up space on your hard drive
- Application Switcher
- Backup your data
- Download videos
Free plugins to use with Ableton Live, tried and tested in OSX. Includes synths, processing, FX and utilities.
Tip of the Month (Ableton Live)
The best, the obscure, and the classic. Ableton Live tips you really should check out.
- December: ultra-quick zooming in Ableton Live using one-finger shortcuts
- November: Mouseless Session View loop control pt 2 - direct control via MIDI.
- October: Mouseless Session View loop control pt 1.
- September: Show Loop
- August: drag, fold and select all
- July: Set buttons and loop control in Live's Editors
- June: Map To Siblings
- May: Show Device Slots
- April: 'Instant mapping' of selected clip
- March: Offset notes accurately