Tip of the day
This one is for Mac users. Got annoying horizontal scroll bars in folders you want to get rid of? Try cmd ctrl 1 or 2.
Recently added and highlights:
Introductory tutorial to Bomes Midi Translator, in which you'll learn how to open and close Live's Browser, Mixer and other views using a button or key on your MIDI keyboard!
Dubstep is the main genre here, although the drums cover dance and rap, and the vocals could be used in various genres. Marvik presents 6 growl bass racks intent on destroying your speakers.
Yes, you heard right! The old skin editor doesn't really work after 9.0.3. So here's a new one! It's a Max for Live device. The tutorial includes the all-important increase in contrast people have wanted (see pic), while still allowing selection to remain visible!
Section just added to Easy Ways to Control Live Part 2 which helps you with those awkward shortcuts. You can even use this in normal typing! Type key combinations in sequence.
Samples and MIDI packs from London-based collective dboxsamples reviewed.
ClyphX is a free Midi script for Live from nativeKONTROL. It enables many different actions and sequences of actions to be programmed into your Ableton Live set in several different ways. This article gives you an idea of what ClyphX can do and an introduction to how to use it.
- Live 9 tutorials
- GUI changes
- Session View automation
- Audio to MIDI
- Envelope editing
- Midi editing
- Keyboard workflow
- Consolidate time to new scene
- Defaults for midi and audio tracks
- Glue Compressor
- Compressor improvements
- EQ Eight improvements
- Gate improvements
- Multiband dynamics and Operator improvements
- Max for Live basics and review
- Ableton Live basics
- Processing and techniques
- Project organisation & routing
- Music theory
- Suite devices
- Tips Of The Month
- Tips Of The Month 2013
- Tips Of The Month 2012
- Easy ways to control Live Pt.1: Shortcuts, commands and more
- Easy ways to control Live Pt 2: Lose the mouse!
- Easy ways to control Live Pt.3: A higher state of mouselessness
- Mac Stuff
- Free plugins
- Bomes Midi Translator: beginners' tutorial
- MIDI controllers for beginners: User Remote Scripts
- Introduction to ClyphX
- Novation Impulse vs. SL MkII
- Novation Nocturn review and tutorial
- Guille script for Automap/Nocturn
- Novation Launchpad review and tutorial
- Novation Launchpad tutorial 2
- Akai APC40 Ableton controller
- Akai APC 40 scripts from Gangsterish
- Isotonik 8 for the APC40
- Pioneer WeGo DJ controller
- Pioneer HDJ-500 headphones
- Mixed In Key
- Platinum Notes
- macableton DJ Blog
- Ableton Live 9 and Suite 9 reviews
- Reviews: Ableton Live Tutorials
- Reviews: Soundware and sample packs
- Olav Basoski interview
- Featured music (Made In Ableton)
- Broombeck interview
- Blueprint interview
- Tom Hades interview
- Sébastien Léger